The options available to you in roller shutters are far more extensive than you might first think. Homeowners and those running commercial properties usually have slightly differing requirements in terms of both the performance and the appearance of roller shutters, making the selection process and criteria used a little different.
Regardless of your usage profile, both aluminium and steel roller shutters are the two most popular options, each with their own benefits. In this article, we’re going to discuss which might be right for you.
Aluminium Roller Shutters
Aluminium is a lightweight, strong and versatile material, making it perfect for the construction of roller shutters. They’ve available in a range of styles and can also be powder coated in a variety of colours, giving you plenty of customisation options.
The key features of aluminium roller shutters include:
- An affordable option in the security of both commercial and domestic properties.
- A lightweight option that still provides an impressive level of security.
- The ability to install a ‘window shopping’ style of shutter to commercial businesses which provides the ability for customers to view your window display when the shutters are down.
- The ability to use solid roller shutters as an advertising board by painting them with your unique store branding.
Steel Roller Shutters
Steel is typically much heavier than aluminium which might be a benefit to you depending on your needs. Steel roller shutters are typically the ‘go to’ choice for homeowners and business owners who require the upmost in security without any compromise.
The key features of steel roller shutters include:
- A heavy-duty security option that will protect businesses and domestic properties.
- A price point that is higher than aluminium roller shutters but may be worth it if security is your main concern.
- The option to install grilles which provide the ability of being able to see past the shutter without significantly comprising security.
Which Type of Shutter is Right for You?
The main point for consideration is whether you are installing roller shutters to increase security or whether security is simply an afterthought.
Aluminium roller shutters do a great job of providing extra privacy as well as keeping light out of your home and making the temperatures inside a little more bearable. If that is all you require, aluminium roller shutters will be perfect for the task.
If you happen to live in an area with a high crime rate, installing a set of heavy duty steel roller shutters might be the better option as they will keep out even the most determined burglars.
Roller Shutter Installation
The installation of roller shutters can be carried out by any competent supplier of which there are several across Australia. Roller shutters in Sydney are popular with both business and homeowners so you should have no trouble in finding the right company to supply and install them on your behalf. Once you’ve found several suitable suppliers, compare their quotes to ensure value for money.
The right set of roller shutters offer several benefits to all properties, whatever your priorities might be.